Have you ever wondered about the difference between mind and brain? Are they different or its one and the same thing? Yes, they are different. While brain has a physical appearance, our mind does not have. Our body works with brain as a hardware and mind as software just like a computer works with hardware and software. Normally, a normal human being uses only 1-5% of his brain while the other part of brain remains unused. It is our mind that takes the decision about everything we do or what we don’t do. It is our mind that brings in positive and negative thoughts. Thus the most significant task is to control our mind. We need to remove our mental blocks that we have due to some reasons or the other.
We all have mental blocks due to various different reasons but we need to remove these blocks to have a peaceful life. But can you do it? Here are some ways:
- 1. Learn from the past incidences. Past incidents in life program us to say ‘I cannot do this.’ If in the past we failed in doing something it may leave an impact on mind that we can never do well in this. For instance, if I could not learn driving a car a few years back, I would think that I can never learn driving. And this stops us from taking any chance in future.
It is therefore important to identify such incidents and we shall try to let them go from our thoughts. It would definitely demand efforts but they would pay you for sure.
- Grab the opportunities. Some of us wait for the opportunities to knock our door and many of us are ready to take the opportunities even when they are at the door-steps. You don’t believe it?? Then try this in a group of 15-20 people. Show them a 1000 rupees note and ask them who so ever wants it, come and take it. You would see that only 3-4 people would come and take this opportunity. Is it that others did not have the opportunity?? No. Everyone had the equal opportunity but they did not have the courage to take it.
Never miss out any opportunity that comes your way.
- Put in that little extra effort. All of us have a comfort zone where we enjoy being the most and we never see beyond it. We do not bother to put any extra effort to improve our present situation and we remain happy with the present situation. Although it is good to be happy with whatever we have but then learning is also an important part of life. We have to be receptive. We should try to accept some changes rather than limiting ourselves to the comfort level we are living in.
- Convert difficulties into challenges. Be daring enough to face difficult situations as challenges. Many people get tensed when they get into trouble; they lose hope and just sit idle thinking that nothing will work. Be brave to fight against such situations. Prove yourself that no situation can lower your morale. Let no one discourage you. Have patience, think positive, expect only favorable results, and circumstances will change accordingly.
- Believe in Yourself. We want others to believe in us but how can anyone believe in you when you don’t believe in yourself. Think what you want and keep thinking about it again and again and you will get it for sure. But the most important thing is to have a belief in self. If you would keep thinking negative about a particular thing then surely you would never get it. So just keep thinking positive about what you want and it will be yours.
- Limited thinking. Let us take for instance I ask you that I want to gift you a Mercedes. Would you take it?? Some people will say that we are happy with a smaller car or they might say that I can’t accept it as it would be too costly to manage. The point here is to try to have a high thinking. Think that if you will get this car, you will also get money to manage it.
Start working on the above points and you would see a positive change in your life. Personality development take efforts and once you start doing it for yourself; you would see immense difference and confidence in yourself.
At ‘Anurag Aggarwal Institute of Public Speaking’ we provide training in Public Speaking, Personality Development, Presentation Skills and Business Skills which would also help you take a step forward in life. For more details on the course, click here.
Follow Anurag Aggarwal Institute of Public Speaking on: