The topic that we are taking up today is “How to Overcome Anger”. If you are a businessman then you must remind yourself of the exorbitant price you would pay if you get angry.
But then not everything that is said is always true. So there is an exception to this also. Amitabh Bachchan says: “जिन्हे गुस्सा आता है,वो लोग सच्चे होते हैं | मैंने झूठों को अक्सर मुस्कुराते हुए देखा है |” which means “true people are those who get angry or show their anger, I have seen fake people smiling with glory.”
But if you are a businessman, you must be clever enough. You must not get angry because angry people are thought to be fools in today’s world.
- Losing temper is considered a weak trait because when you get angry, you are hurting yourself first and then you are hurting the other person as well. “माचिस किसी दूसरी चीज को जलाने से पहले खुद को जलाती है, लेकिन गुस्सा पहले आपको बर्बाद करता है फिर दूसरे को !!”
- You lose your employees, vendors and customers because of your anger. Nobody will tolerate your anger anger over them. So it is always advised to deal with these people with patience.
- A businessman would always say, “You win, I lose. Tell me what business are you giving me?” that is “तू जीता मैं हारा | ये बता धन्धा क्या दे रहा है ?”. A businessman always loses and lets the other person win. He loses on ego, he loses on arguments. He only tries to win on anger and that’s how he wins in business.
- Ego begets you nothing. Being egoistic would take you nowhere so just let it go. A good businessman is the one who is intelligent and clever and know how to get business from others leaving his ego behind.
- ग़ुस्सा आने पर चिल्लाना मुश्किल नहीं होता, चुप रहना मुश्किल होता है | It’s very easy to shout when you are angry but what is difficult is to keep quiet and this is one must learn. Make it a habit not to speak anything in anger. A fish that keeps its mouth shut, will not be caught.
- What are your reasons of losing temper? Employees don’t complete their work? They don’t come on time? They stay on Whatsapp, Facebook etc all the time? But ask yourself that who is perfect? You? Me? Nobody is perfect. It’s a human nature not to work without supervision. It does not mean that you should be lenient to them or leave them with what they are doing. Give this responsibility of keeping a check on them to a team leader/ manager. Don’t scold TL’s team. It’s not your work. Take report from TL and not from his team.
- Lose temper, lose money. You cannot expect to get back your money from a client if you lose temper on him. If you lose temper on an employee, he would bid goodbye to you. If you lose temper on your customers, they would never come back to you.
Anger is a problem and we must find some solutions to it. In the next post we will discuss about the various solutions we can adopt so that we are able to overcome anger.
For public speaking course or business course by Mr Anurag Aggarwal (Business Coach & Public Speaking Trainer), call 7834999292 or visit www.anuragaggarwal.com for details.