In such a competitive world where everyone is trying to leave behind the others and put themselves in the top most position, it is very important to be able to communicate your thoughts well and to be a good speaker to address others.
Many companies spend lakhs of rupees every year for conducting public speaking workshops for their employees, for employing public speaking trainer; buying related books and CD’s. Why do think they do so? They do so because every opportunity that an employee would get in public speaking would be an opportunity to grow his leadership skills, his personal and professional growth and this is what a company wants.
To elaborate this, let us see why public speaking plays such a vital role today in your personal and professional growth.
- It gives you more recognition. You would be more known in your organization if you have good public speaking skills. When you are able to address an audience of 20, 100, 500 people you are more renowned among people than those who fear coming in front of the audience. You would be capable of inspiring people. People would respect you more.
- You know yourself better. To be able to inspire others, it is very important that you know yourself in and out. Knowing oneself bring more clarity of message and thoughts you wish to deliver. Your connection with yourself makes it easier for you to connect with others.
- Helps you bring the change you want. If you are good at public speaking, you influence the people in a more convenient way and mould them your way. Your voice can be more convincing than just dropping an email. Since you would not hesitate to talk to more and more people, you would be able to bring the change faster also.
- You attract opportunities. Since you are good at speaking in front of large number of people, a quality which not everyone has, makes you more attractive and bring you more opportunities. You develop a sense of credibility amongst all.
- Self-confidence is boosted. Initially, you may face many challenges, you may have fear of coming on the stage but gradually as you progress you would see your confidence building up. Just remember not to give up in between. You may see many ups and downs in this phase of learning but never let your confidence go even one level down.
- You can motivate others. Once you become good at public speaking, you can motivate others to start or stop doing something, to bring change in behaviour. You can motivate your peer groups, employees, customers for various things in a variety of ways. The purpose of public speaking is not just to speak on a topic but one of the purposes also includes motivating others.
With so many things to make public speaking so important, you would realize that initially you have goosebumps while delivering your speech but eventually you would actually start enjoying it. You would become comfortable with it. It will become a part of your life.
If you wish to enhance your public speaking skills under the guidance of Mr Anurag Aggarwal, public speaking trainer and business coach, feel free to contact us at 7834-99-9292 or visit www.anuragaggarwal.com .