While some people get nervous in public speaking, others become really confident speakers.
In public speaking, when you are delivering your speech, your confidence is one of the most important things. And what can be a better reflection of your confidence than your voice.
To give a successful and worth remembering speech, voice modulation can work wonders. It may be a difficult task but with practice, practice and more practice, you can master it and bring the best out of your speech.
Voice modulation means to control or adjust your voice according to the requirement of your speech. Your pitch, your pace everything should vary according to the requirement of the sentence you speak. If you are happy or sad, one should be able to make it out from your voice else your speech would become dull.
WHY IS VOICE MODULATION IMPORTANT?
We all happen to get a chance to speak in a family even, in a presentation at office or on the stage sooner or later, so we should be aware of the voice modulation techniques.
As said earlier, it makes your speech more engaging and interesting for the audience.
An enthusiastic voice depicts your confidence. It helps you convince the people to your point of view. It helps in delivering an effective and impactful message. If you are good at voice modulation, it can open the doors for you for many professions like marketing, customer relations etc.
If you want to become a master of public speaking, then learning this art is extremely important.
TIPS ON VOICE MODULATION
In voice modulation, a technique namely 4 P’s that is Pitch, Power, Pace and Pauses is quite popular. So, let us see what they are and also some more tips on it.
- Pitch- Your pitch can play a very important role while you deliver your speech. Females usually have a higher pitch as compared to men. When you are delivering your speech, keep your pitch a little low to avoid the shieling voice due to the microphone. Here is how to use a microphone in public speaking.
- Power- Speak powerfully, loudly, and clearly but strictly no shouting. It would be even better if you can practice your speech with a microphone before delivering it on the final day. Also, take care of the sound of your breath. It should not suppress your voice.
- Pace- Keeping your pace slow will make your talk more understandable and easier to grasp. Your message would be clearer to the audience.
- Pauses – Use adequate pauses for an appropriate time. Too many or too long pauses may bore the audience. They should be just enough for solving the purpose they are being used for. Pausing will help you catch the attention of your audience. Learn using pauses in public speaking here.
- Powerful words should be stressed- Try stressing on some powerful words in your speech to make it more impactful. This would draw the immediate attention of the audience towards you and your message would get straight into their mind.
- See and learn from others- Watch your favorite public speaker, politician, orator, celebrity, etc. who influences you in public speaking. Watch them again and again and try to grasp what you like best in them. Learn how they do voice modulation and then keep practicing.
In public speaking, your voice is an important tool. Once you master the art of voice modulation, you can connect and convey your message to your audience in a better way. This will give you confidence in yourself and the audience will also have confidence in you.
When practicing your speech, you may record it and listen to it to find out the areas that need to be improved. Keep repeating this till you are satisfied with the voice modulation in it.
To get a platform where you can speak before a large audience, join Anurag Aggarwal’s public speaking course in Delhi NCR. For details, visit www.anuragaggarwal.com or call 7834-99-9292.